We have a favorite post-workout shake right now that we whip up ourselves:
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (whole, almond, …)
- 1 tablespoon of Beekeeper’s Naturals Superfood Honey
- 1 scoop of John’s Killer Protein
- 1 tsp of Creatine Monohydrate
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
A short list of some of the benefits of Creatine Monohydrate:
- Creatine is an amino acid that is found naturally in muscle cells.
- Creatine is a popular and effective supplement for sports performance and adding muscle mass
- Creatine supplements increase your phosphocreatine stores, allowing you to produce more ATP energy to fuel your muscles during high-intensity exercise
- Creatine monohydrate is one of the most extensively studied form of creatine
- Vegetarians/vegans are likely to have significantly lower levels of creatine, so they will likely have a better than average response to creatine supplementation
- Creatine supplementation can improve some properties of aging bone
- For people over 50, creatine can have fat burning properties in addition to muscle and strength building
Want to learn more about creatine?
Check out Iron Culture: Ep. 41 – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Creatine